An Ordinary Day

17 August 2007

I spent so much time today completing the LDP surveys. I must have answered in the range of 700 questions altogether. I wish whoever is in charge could have simplified the process. In the morning, I was busy clearing a memo for submission to top management.

Tak sempat nak lunch before sembahyang Jumaat. Pukul 1 lebih baru keluar dari office. So aku ke Masjid India aje. After prayer, cepat-cepat aku balik ke Kupang sebab dah separa kebulur. Yang tinggal cuma rojak mamak...blasah je lah.

After office aku lepak kat cafe dengan MSI, NAAR, ZM, AFA. Saje, lama dah tak borak. NM ada singgah kejap, tapi tak boleh lama sebab dia nak bergegas ke perjumpaan kelab merpati.

Lepas Maghrib, one of my superiors nak jumpa to discuss something urgent. Pukul 8:30 p.m. baru discussion habis. When I got back to office, ada a few blinking sametime messages dari KKY, AAA amd RS. Nothing urgent... so takpe lah. I just packed my stuff and left.

Sebab dah makan petang tadi kat cafe, I just skipped dinner and lepak kat rumah.

Indeed, today is just an ordinary day.


Masjid India


It began as a wood hut in 1863, now it is an imposing three-storey building with a capacity of 3,500 people. The mosque, built in the southern Indian style, is a three-storey structure with domed chatris (open-sided umbrella-shaped cupolas) and arched windows with Islamic motifs. The single minaret is topped by a chatri. It has vertically-striped ventilators intersected by balconies. The first floor is a prayer hall reserved for the men and the second floor is for women. General assemblies are held on the ground floor. Services are conducted in Arabic and Tamil languages.

No comments: