Leadership Development Programme (LDP)

2 September 2007

Aku ke Langkawi hari ni. Flight pukul 3:30 p.m. Seperti biasa, Tan datang ambil ak
u kat rumah untuk ke KLIA pukul 12:30 p.m. Hari hujan, so risau gak kalau turbulence ke apa on the way up. But everything went just smoothly. I think about 8 of us took the same flight to Langkawi. All in all, there are more than 20 of us for this batch of LDP. The programme is part of the efforts to develop high caliber and effective leaders within the organization. Banyak assessments yang perlu dibuat before attending the programme and many of the assessments require 360 degree participation, from boss, superior, peers, etc.

Sampai ke Langkawi resort dah pukul 5 ptg. After a welcoming drink, aku ke bilik to unpack. Dinner and ice-breaking sessions will start at 8 p.m. So sempat lah berehat kejap.



Malam ni nothing much. During the icebreaking session, we were required to draw in 4 quadrants, each quadrant depicting 'my life at the age of 10', 'my life 10 years ago', 'my life now' and 'my life 10 years from now', respectively. Once completed, we were required to hang the drawing on our chest and to walk around the classroom and try to interpret the drawing on everybody's chest. The owner of the drawing then supposed to explain the rationale for his/her drawing. Immediately, I learnt 1 lesson -- that I suck at drawing. He he. Overall, it was a fun exercise and got me to know my peers better.

Post ice-breaking session, a bunch of us went to check-out the karaoke room. Memang tak sangka yang aku akan banyak menghabiskan masa di sini setiap malam aku di Langkawi... :p



No comments: