This is where I belong, this is where I want to be...

24 July 2007

While the future is very much uncertain, it is filled with new opportunities and possibilities. We choose our own future by what what we do or fail to do. While most of us would like to eliminate the elements of uncertainty in life, we must learn to live with it effectively and creatively in order for us to progress and succeed.

As for me, an opportunity presents itself in a form of a new job offer with a multilateral organisation. I've been thinking about this for the past to weeks, weighing the costs and benefits of such offer, visioning how the future should be for me, understanding implications if I choose to accept or not to accept the offer, etc. And, now I have made up my mind... yeah, that's right! I've made a decision.

I've decided to STAY!

Deep inside me, I will always wonder whether I'm too much a coward for not accepting this offer. But the people who know me best, know that money and power are not what I'm going after. Job satisfaction is! I strongly believe that my current organisation allows me to achieve this. And by having reached this decision, I would like to think that I have evaluated objectively all my options.

So, no regrets, folks! No regrets! This is where I belong and this is where I want to be...

1 comment:

Rizal Rizal said...

There will come a point in your career life, where you will be asessing the level of your achievements both materially and spiritually. It' s all about setting priorities and what you want in life. May be its worth taking the risks. As they always say,'No Pain No Gain".
I was looking for "piece of mind" when i decided to leave the industry to join the esteemed organisation, five years ago. I have siezed the opportunity. Materially it could have been better elsewhere. Spiritually, this is what i want and where i want to be. I know i have made the right decision.