Encik Sri Siantan

7 December 2007

I remember the time when a local newspaper had a dedicated column for public to write in and seek advice from Cik Sri Siantan (CSS) on personal problems. Week after week, I would find myself glued reading every word that she said, thinking how intelligent she was, able to answer every single question posed to her.... so kelakar....

And now, as I grew older and more savvy (at least from my own perspective.. he he), I've noticed that people, friends especially, find me approachable for them to share their problems be it work related or personal problems. Some even shared their darkest little secrets with me ;-). And of course, in many of the cases, they put me under oath not to share their secrets with anybody else.

This month, someone I know confided in me with a little secret that shocked me to my core... All I can say is while rambut sama hitam...tapi manusia ni hati lain-lain. And I have a feeling that something will turn bad.... real bad....in the near future.

On a lighter note, my life has been busy as usual. There were times that I stayed very late in the office coz I just had too much on my plate. But, I must say that I started to love this job.

Apa lagi eh? Oh ya... I got very excited when I first heard that Ms Whitney Houston would be coming to Malaysia for the 'Live & Loud 07'. I grew up listening to her and "One Moment in Time" has been an inspiration to me. So wajiblah beli ticket kann.... I bought 3 RM263 tickets for myself, HA and RR as well. On the day of the concert, aku, HA and RR got there at about 4 p.m. Dina, Malaysian Idol Runner-Up, was performing when we got there. The concert started earlier at 3:00 p.m. with other performing artists. Banyak betul artists yang performed that day... the memorable ones include Kumpulan Pop from Indonesia, Elliott Yamin and Shaggy. But the most memorable of all was definitely the Diva herself, not because of her performance yang melathop, but because her performance sucked...and she was really...really... bad!...dah le pukul 12:30 a.m baru dia punya show started. I left halfway through her performance, and so did other people. And I totally agree with the review by mrmanager on his blog about WH's performance that night (except the part when he said - we all sat riveted to our seats - coz I was standing...hehe...and at that point in time I had been standing for more than 8 hours) as follows:

"The voice was shrill, strident in the upper chest register and when she switched into head, it was a whimper of a falsetto. The vocals just came across as being very tight at the higher end of the registers. Nevertheless, she tried very, very hard to up the energy but we all sat riveted to our seats as we witnessed the most embarrassing performance on stage by a song goddess, no less."

I gave the entire performances that day - 3/5 STARS


No comments: