Achieving Childhood Dreams

31 May 2008

I am currently reading "the Last Lecture" by Randy Pausch. Randy is a computer science professor who had recently been diagnosed with a terminal cancer. The Last Lecture talks about the importance of overcoming obstacles, of enabling dreams of others and seizing every moment that he has. Indeed, his lecture was aptly titled "Really Achieving Your Childhood Dreams"

I can't help but to reflect on my own childhood dreams. One of those dreams for me is to be a banker. I was once a recipient of a state level award. I was 12. Immediately after the award ceremony, Utusan Malaysia interviewed me on my achievements and on my career ambition. I told them I want a be a bank officer.

(oh dear!...time has changed!)

I have been working with my employer, a bank of course, for 10 years now... :)

(i keep this as bahan bukti that dreams do come true... kah-kah)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Apa jadi dekat awek sebelah you dalam gambar tu???

AdanyaKauUntukku said...

bukan setakat pegawai bank je...mmg dah lebih dari pegawai..hehhehe..congrats...